Chimney anti-crow measures

Sponsored Links
I like it nige, maybe you could attach a snake to the end of the rods and every morning push it up that would shift them.

I've never swept a chimney, so this is just thinking out loud based on nothing.

If you know how many rods it takes to reach the top from previous experience, can you not just sweep carefully to the top and stop when the resistance changes?

I would suggest fitting a suitable cowl with some kind of mechanical fixing so that a gentle prod with a brush won't send it flying, and just go easy when you know you are nearing the top when sweeping. Some of the cowls look to have quite substantial strap fittings or whatever and would be quite difficult to dislodge.

At least then you know you only have a one off expense fitting the cowl, you've rid yourself of nesting crows, and you can still give it an occasional sweep when necessary. Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back