brushstrokes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been painting doors and skirtings with b&q rich satin everywhere paint only problem is the visible brushstrokes. now i have a large built in cupboard to paint and brushstrokes will be really obvious. what gives the best finish on wood

Sponsored Links
I wonder if you are laying off when the paint is too thick; either from starting to dry, or being in an open can too long and needing a little white spirit stirred in?

It also helps to paint smallish sections so you can keep a wet edge. Large flat surfaces need a big bush so you can do the whole surface in one go; panelled doors are fiddly but can be done in small sections.

B&Q rich satin everywhere, is this oil or water based? If water based then it could be that you are using natural bristle brushes. For water based paints you should always use synthetic brushes in order to minimise brush strokes.

Sponsored Links
I always use those foam pads when glossing they never seem to leave marks ...:)

Thx to everyone who read and replied. Paint is water based and ive been using natural bristles. I might go down the paint pad route ive got some in the back of the cupboard that ive never used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back