BT Headset (Possibly Early BT Converse) Wiring Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got this headset with a BT Converse 225 phone I picked up 2nd hand. Headset has worked fine for over a year but recently the headset button has not been activating when I press it sometimes. Discovered that this fault is related to where the boom mike is positioned. If I moved the boom a little the headset button would work again. Realised there must be loose connection at the boom mike swivel hinge so popped it open. (I think it is designed to do this - it snaps back together OK - see first pic below.) However, on popping it open, the loose wires must have become completely detached. I have no idea of the several solder points inside the earpiece, where the two wires (red & blue) should be connected to. I've had a stab soldering wires to two central connections but that doesn't work. (No matter which way round I connect them) - see pic #2. Has anybody got a wiring diagram or schematic that shows the connection points, or is anybody willing to pop open their Converse headset and photo the connections so I can see how to re-solder them back on. Many thanks for any help.

Regards,
Harry.

View media item 38295 View media item 38296

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back