BT Home Hub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a flat and tried to set up my Bt Home Hub again. The actual home hub works without any problems but when I came to install my cordless phone (Bt Freestyle 3500 twin) I get constant static on the line which is from the hub. I can unplug the phone line from the hub and they work fine.

I have two computers connected to the internet wirelessly from the hub.

Is there any way I can get around this as at the moment I cannot use my phone without unplugging the internet.

I've tried moving the hub to various different points in the flat (however it is relativly small).

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware. They are connected the same way I have connected previous phones and internet connections.

It's split using a 2 way splitter at the main point (I only have one BT point). The home hub is connected directly into one (bottom) and the phone is connected directly into the other (top). The phone is not plugged into the home hub.

I should also add that this is a new phone bought yesterday. My previous cordless phone BT Freelance XD 1100 broke during the move but I had no problems with that one and interference.

My only assumption is that the two frequencies are too similar, however I have no idea how to get round that.

Unless the "splitter" you speak of is a DSL filter, you will hear noise on the line.

Sponsored Links
Does the splitter look like:

adsl_splitter.jpg

3508.jpg

or 3.
20635507.JPG

A longer taller version of the 3rd one. Both are phone sockets.

I have a splitter that has one as an ADSL socket though if required,

I've managed to solve the problem, my adsl splitter was faulty. A replacement has sorted it out. Thanks for your help. :)

Sponsored Links
Back