BTU of Radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me the btu of my radiator. It's a double convector measuring 1140 x 700mm.

I'm toying with replacing it with a designer rad and want to replace it with one of the same output if poss.

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
dougalhouse said:
Would someone be kind enough to tell me the btu of my radiator. It's a double convector measuring 1140 x 700mm.
Only the manufacturer/supplier will be able to provide an accurate answer, since it various according to the design and the efficiency.

Assuming that the height is 700mm, the probable output of your current rad will be around 1200 Btu.

Bit low Softus even on a bad day ;)

A stelrad double panel single convector come out at 5994 btus/hr

A double panel double convector is 7548 btus/hr

doitall said:

Er, quite right. I was referring to a single convector and gave the output in Watts. I think I was distracted by Moz's bad news.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
doitall said:

Er, quite right. I was referring to a single convector and gave the output in Watts. I think I was distracted by Moz's bad news.

Know how you feel Softus, at least he gets a little time together.

18months ago my wife went into hospital for checks and died 2 days later.

Next Saturday I'm going to Devon with 12 of her friends to throw rose petals in the sea.

Sorry mod for the off topic post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back