bubbling air in central heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My open vented - 12 radiators - 2 floors house central heating system keep bubbling air within all the time.

I bleed air out everyday but nonetheless air keep developing in the pipes; one can hear air bubbling from ground floor pipes up to the first floor, where the pump is installed and moving around..

These bubbles are very noisy.. some time I suspect the boiler heats water too much and steam develops so much the noise is.. however I find difficult to believe this is the case..

The central heating is quite old (1990); all was ok until the plumber changed few panel radiators with new "designer" ones (these use a lot of water apparently) and changed the water cylinder as well new circulating pump installed.

I tried to eliminate some potential sources of the problem but no luck

-Checked if there are leaks by closing the water filling line; after a week the tank level still good, so no leaks

-Changed HW cylinder to rule out any leak of hot water into central heating water

-Changed circulating pump with new unit

-Checked CH electric valves; both working

I thought the issue may be in 3 new TRV valves (bulldog) that looks quite flimsy (not happy at all) but not sure this is the issue.

Any advice?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
tellme_why, good evening.

Have you an Inhibitor in the system? there is no mention in your post?

Suggest you have a google at "Fernox" and all the other Inhibitors out there ?

At one time i had a three story property, open vented and suffered some of the problems you allude to all of which were aleviated when i dosed the header tank with one of the Inhibitors?

Just a thought?

Ken

tellme_why, good evening.

Have you an Inhibitor in the system? there is no mention in your post?

Suggest you have a google at "Fernox" and all the other Inhibitors out there ?

At one time i had a three story property, open vented and suffered some of the problems you allude to all of which were aleviated when i dosed the header tank with one of the Inhibitors?

Just a thought?
by the sounds of it he needs a lot more than adding some inhibitor tbh

AGAS, tellme_why, good evening again.

I thought that given the volume of work undertaken by the O/Poster, the only thing missing [or omitted from the post] was the insertion of an Inhibitor?

As posted, I had a similar problem cured by the dosing of the system with an Inhibitor?

If it works? may be a cheap fix???

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Your systems either got a big leak somewhere or it's drawing air in through the vent pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back