Buckingham Palace Announcement

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Have you seen all the gossip on the interweb today?

Lots of stories circulating.

"Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, to retire from royal duties in the autumn, Buckingham Palace says"

So you can forget all that nonsense in the red-tops about flags at half mast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39802636

The Duke of Edinburgh is retiring from royal duties this autumn, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The decision was made by Prince Philip himself and is supported by the Queen, a palace spokesman said.

He will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August but will not accept new invitations.

Sponsored Links
One has already so done. :)

I do like the sentence -

"The decision was made by Prince Philip himself and is supported by the Queen, a palace spokesman said."

Right? So what?

"Liz, I'm going to give up 'work'."
"Ok, Phil".

I'm surprised he can afford to with all the benefit cuts.

Sponsored Links
Prince Philip has today relinquished his public duties due to his long service and old age.

However 30 minutes later he was deemed fit to work in an ATOS work capability assessment.

“He’s able to walk, talk and use his hands, that’s a hell of a lot more than most of the scrounging malingerers we approve.” Said a spokesman for the Department of Work and Pensions.

The Duke of Edinburgh is expected to start an unpaid work placement as a check out assistant in Greggs, after he steps down from his current role in August.

How many of the knockers on here will still be doing what they're told to at 95 years of age (in any way, shape, or form)?

Sponsored Links
Back