Budget SDS drill for subfloor cut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut out a section of concrete slab which is about 4 or 5 inches thick. I borrowed a stihl saw but it's nearly impossible to start (needs maintenance), and is a scary beast of a thing to use anyway.

With patience could I use an SDS drill to cut lots of holes and then chisel it out?

If so, can anyone suggest a budget sds for the job? I'm sure it will be handy owning one anyway, provided it can solve this one for me.

Cheers! :)

Sponsored Links
yea i have heard good mutterings about the titan range of stuff. It's very cheap but if it does even a few jobs its cheaper than hiring.

Sponsored Links
I got it and in half an hour at lunch time I've drilled right around the area. Didn't have time to remove it but I expect it will go now :)

Felt much safer than the stihl saw (for a diy'er). Also a useful tool for other small jobs.

Cheers.

Update: Yep, all done. Exactly what I needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back