Budget

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a good budget, very pleased with the balance, well done Alistair!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i see the cost of living as gone up 4p a pint....when's the next election,i'm not standing for it...i think we've all had enough of these closet cupboard tories..... :LOL:

What a good budget, very pleased with the balance, well done Alistair!

Don't you mean well done Gordon, (Alistair looks the sort who needs help with his homework) :rolleyes:

Give it away with one hand and take it back with another, same as ever. :rolleyes:

Increase on the usual suspects, fags, booze, and motorists ;)

It does make me smile when they try and justify the 5p increase on a pint by indicating it will help cut down on binge drinkers. If a pint is £2.50 now and a binge drinker has 10 pints on a Friday night will an extra 50p's expense make him stop :LOL:

Here's a Budget Calculator "how it affects you"

http://www.ft.com/indepth/budget2008/calculator

Mine says
"Results
If you lead a similar lifestyle next year, the indications are that you will be £7.96 worse off. "

I think I can cope with that :LOL:

With my mid £20000 income modest dividends and interest I would be £30 a year worse off.

Some one with an income of £60,000 dividends of £2000 and interest of £13000 would be £250 better off.

Another Monty Python Robbin Hood.

Takes from the poor,
gives to the rich,
stupid bich!

budget moans..

when was it any different !
english people moan about a few pence here and there; but spend ten times more on trivial s**t.

i know 'you'- dont! but everybody you know does. ;)

only thing i truly resent is the tax, taken under the guise of being green, is not spent to create an alternative for the tax payer.
i suppose this would happen just the same if the tories were in.

I will have less money to spend on s**t, Mr. Rich B'stard will have more. :p

did something happen yesterday, oh yeah some irrelevant politics b**locks. Time to up the expenses.

I will have less money to spend on s**t, Mr. Rich B'stard will have more. :p

agreed :cry:

but, when was that not the case. :)

im not clever enough to understand the ins and out of a national budget but i would like to see the really rich pay at least the same in percentage terms as me, or let them claim some back if their money was spent on british goods or projects.

I dont think the intention was so much to increase the "green" fund rather than as Alistair said on the news to force the polluters off the road.

Trouble is the worst offenders will swallow up the increase without blinking an eye, they should just ban those vehicles full stop.

whats long, pink and spews a load of banal propaganda? David Camerons tongue :D

Sponsored Links
Back