Buffalo Hard Drive software . AVOID AVOID awful junk!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The new 2TB USB hard drive might be ok, but do yourself a favour and buy something else.

Documentation missing, won't open when you get it, then it doesn't work.
Then you can't get rid of it.

WORSE is that it's grabbed half a Gig of my C: drive as an accellerator (F: ) - which slowed things down.
I don't know how to get that back
I guess I need to delete a partition - dunno how.

Also I can't uninstall their Backup software , which also doesn't work, because as soon as I turn the machine on it's running.

The parts which DO uninstall, leave the links all over the computer too. :rolleyes:

My XP Task Manager seems to be corrupted now as well. I can only see Tasks not Processes - and the backup thing is not there.

Can I just delete the Buffalo Bull_crap from the Programs folder?"Support" is from someone in a far off land who doesn't understand English - a waste of time.

I would NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUFFALO PRODUCT!!!

Sponsored Links
Abuse by ZStation deleted by Mod

Well ZStation if you're going to be insulting, I'm going to have to ask you to justify your silly comments.

Your first mistake is installing software that comes with an external drive.
Why on earth should I not do so? I don't have any other backup software. I have paid for this, do you suggest I install some freeware, or pay someone else?

There is absolutley no need for it in any way.
How the hell would you know what others' needs are?

Do you never look at documentation? Don't you think it should unpack from a .rar file with Winrar? Or they could have made the download self-extracting.

Perhaps you are all-knowing about all software and everyone's needs. Otherwise, you're a ..... something else.

People like you quite rightly get banned from this forum.

Fairly easy to move the partition, Google EASEUS.
Fairly easy to do what else you need, as Z`s says.

Bit off more than you can chew?

Sponsored Links
Abuse by ZStation deleted by Mod

Why didn't you ask before huffing and puffing and throwing your toys...
ZStation didn't you read the bit about where I described their "Support"?
Can you manage to work out that if I hadn't asked them for support I wouldn't have been able to comment? :rolleyes:

Evidently hard-of-reading?

Their instructions file had to be downloaded and unpacked - but it wouldn't un-rar with industry standard software - they suggested a third part freeware program. Class.

The instructions for formatting were wrong - their Wizard didn't work.
So they sent some more, completely different - a new Wizard, which also didn't work.
Now they've admitted it didn't work and sent some more - too late I've used something else.

called Buffalo all the names, just because you couldn't get it working.
So it's not me that can't get it working, mr insulter, neither can THEY. OK - Have you read that-??
Their backup software doesn't even do standard incremental or differential backups.
We had that in the 80's ffs.
Why the hell should I - or you - assume I should go looking for something else - theirs should reasonably be expected to work, they're a backup drive company and it's not exactly difficult to write.

Uninstalling their Turbo Copy utility, which gave other problems, did NOT delete the partition it created, ( or the links) which is crap. I had to do it separately.

Their helpdesk people can barely string a sentence together and can't understand basic English.

The bloke who gets everything wrong said:
you can use Window's own backup program
My version of Windows doesn't have one. Otherwise I would have used it. Can you understand that?

And he said:
If you're running Windows, the drive will work straight off
As is usual, it came FAT32 andI need NTFS, so using it "straight off" would be silly. I'll leave you to look that up...

And another dumb insult he said:
Two minutes with Google would show you how many solutions are available.
How many? COUNTING them doesn't help :rolleyes: There's very little detail about how individual utilities work, only the headlines. They vary. If you understood anything about that you might have answered the question I asked in this section, a couple of days ago about backup utilities, instead of trolling this thread.

Alarm- EASEUS
See my other post in this section...
Sure it's way better than Buffalo's meagre objectives and sad attempt at implememtation, but theirs creates an archive, not a plain backup, so you can't do the initial backup piecemeal to manage the computer load.
And yes you CAN have a differential backup without using an archive method, theirs just doesn't happen to work that way.

Bit off more than you can chew
Now you're doing the trolling thing - what's the bloody matter with you people?
All I expect is that software which I pay for, works. It's not a question of "understanding". It should install, run, have normal features, and uninstall cleanly.

I can write software that does that, why can't they?

Ffs quit the insults, it's pathetic.

I have a number of Buffalo hardware items and have to say that I can't fault them.

But as another poster has said, I would personally stay away from any bundled software and source your own. It usually does more harm than good as I read you have found out.

Back