Build in wardrobe help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok well i've only just finished college i'm 19 and have been asked if i can price up a job for fitting a build in wardrobe this is something i have no idea how to do but none the less told them it wouldnt be a problem.
can anyone either give me a link to a step by step guide or video on how to build wardrobes i dont know much details on the job yet but am assuming i'll need to build timber studs and mdf over the top, any tips and words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Who will need to build a stud frame, setting your stud work at 400mm centers.
Here is a vid, that will give you a fair idea, they are using metal stud but you can use timber.
The walls a plasterboard finished and tape jointed, you can do this or plaster instead of joint taping or being joiner you may consider having wood wall, that's likely to be a decision you client may want to discuss with you.
hope this helps and good luck.

Don't need studwork for a built-in. For a walk-in then maybe, but built in is just panels fixed together (usually).
How big will it be and what material will it be made from? Finish/colour/paint?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back