Builder, pest control or carpenter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure who to call first can someone kindly advise please?

Ive got some rotten floorboards(the ends) (upstairs) could be old woodworm (treated 18 years ago by professional) in which case as I want them replaced who would I get quotes from, a carpenter or builder?

However, if the worm is active obviously id call pest people but would they also replace boards/joists (if necessary) if not ...builder or a carpenter?

I'm going to check out whether worm is active or not (possibly could be rot of some kind too).((frightened to look but will tho') :eek:

Even tho' treated some time ago could we still have had active worm from then? Maybe the treatment missed some areas?

I have a horrible feeling the joists are affected as the squeekiness is worse and floor uneven and 'soft' eek!

Thanks in anticipation of your helpful advice.
Regards
Mag

Not doing it ourselves before you ask. (because we are useless)

Sponsored Links
Ive got some rotten floorboards(the ends) (upstairs) could be old woodworm (treated 18 years ago by professional)

would there not be a guarantee still in place?

this would be my 1st port of call.

yes a chippy should be able to take this on,unless he/she has a contact in the trade then i would susspect the only chemical that could be sourced would be from 1 of the sheds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back