Building a concrete shed - Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I currently have a wooden shed in the corner of my garden which sits atop a concrete base. Everything was installed when I purchased the property however the shed is rotting and the floor has already gone in a couple of places so I decided to build a concrete shed using Dense blocks. However I do have some questions.

1. I am certain I don't need planning permission but is there anything else I need to be aware of? (I know height restrictions etc).

2. While there is a concrete base already laid down do I need to worry about damp proof membrane? I don't plan on insulating the rest of the shed or roof.

3. Do I need to make a separate footing for the walls or can they be placed directly onto the base.

Thanks in advance.

Dale.

Sponsored Links
How thick is the base? What is the base sat on? How water/damp proof does it need to be? How big will it be?

How thick is the base? What is the base sat on? How water/damp proof does it need to be? How big will it be?

Sorry for the delay in replying. To the best of my knowledge the base is currently 4-5 inches thick. The base is sat on hardcore. which in turn is on top of clay soil. I wouldn't say it needs to be awfully water proof. I plan to make the shed 8' by 6' same as the original.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back