Building a Manifold for my Central Heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Everyone, Could someone please advise me on how to make my manifold. :)

I've just had my 45kw biomass boiler installed. All the pipework for the boiler leading to the main flow and return pipe is 35mm.

My radiators which I plumbed in myself consists of 25 radiators coming to a total BTU of 114,000BTU. The radiators are plumbed into 6 separate zones each with it's own feed and return. The dimensions of my zones; two are in 22mm pipe and the other four are in 15mm.

Do I need to keep my manifold in 35mm, which tees off into the 22mm and 15mm zones, or can I drop down to 28mm to make things easier by cheaper fittings, and the option of plastic.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
This forum ("Your projects") is not for queries; it's for blogging projects you're doing. Try asking in the plumbing/CH forum further down the list, or report your own pst and ask a moderator to move it as the report reason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back