Building a rendering lip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Hope everyone's ready for Christmas.

So I have a question about something I would like to create. I am looking to render some patches at the rear of my house after having some bifolds fitted. I doubt I will be able to match the finish of the current render so thought I would build a step and make it look like a frame so the difference in render finish won't look too odd.

The front already has a similar thing to what I want to achieve but wondered how you would get the 'step' as pictured below? Any ideas? Is it just layers of render built up to the extra 10-15mm?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3627.jpeg
    IMG_3627.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    674.7 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Possible base coat then internal timber frame to hold bead before finish .

Sponsored Links
Possible base coat then internal timber frame to hold bead before finish .
Thanks for your reply and I like your thinking. I was wondering whether timber could be used in some way. I've got 6 metre bifolds and need to redo about 400mm each side and over the top of the doors.

Would you mind elaborating your idea a little so I can picture it better please? Thank you.

Base coat, then when dry a timber baton screwed to form an edge with the bead stop outside it. Render back to bead when dry remove timber and make good fixing holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back