Building a Shed (Potentially a fabricated concrete slab sheds) in the garden - Terraced house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the cost of materials gone mental now, i wanted to do a 3m x 3m or 4mx3m garden shed to store items mainly and run elecrics safely into the shed as well.

Options are
1. Concrete block sheds
2. Brick/Block sheds
3. Wooden sheds
4. Metal sheds
5. Fabricated concrete slab sheds

Considering the cost the value for my requirement today, I believe fabricated concrete slabs works out well. But when i enquired with couple of companies, they told me they will need side access or back access to my garden. I live in london on a mid terrace house. Not sure what the options are.

My house is the third house from a side road. Not sure how feasible it will be to transport slabs easily into my property.

Any thoughts or ideas if getting the slabs via crane into the property garden or any other method ? I live in London-Essex and any companies which does these work on terraced properties ? I am sure it wont be like i am the first person wanting a fabricated slab in the garden.

It appears that my only bet is to request the neighbours to open the garden fences (and the end of terrace property has a brick wall/compound :( as well) from the side road temporarily for me to move the heavy items / materials.

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Many suppliers of these things will use a HIAB type vehicle which would usually be able to get over one garden boundary (the brick one in your case).
So Plan A is talk to your neighbours, see if they will accept this scheme.
Plan B (Proper cranage) is likely to be serious money - get on the Internet, search, enquire.
Plan C. Without good access, cost-effectiveness changes. Have you got a straight path through your house from front to back? If yes, bricks/blocks may be best (at least the money is going into the structure rather than thrown up the wall for one-off access).

Any suggestions please ?

Timber frame and floor, composite or cement board cladding, EPDM roof - it can be a basic as a drafty but dry shed to something you could practically live in, depending on your needs and budget.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back