Building Control Notice for numpties (ie me lol)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, as ever I apologise if this is a recent stoopid question, but....I recently filled in one of these Building Notices....

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=2501&p=0

I entered the work start date on part 4. Looking at the notes I see note 6 says "Persons carrying out building work must give written notice of the commencement of the work at least 2 days beforehand."

I'm assuming as I entered a work start date in part 4 (it can be left blank if not known), that I don't have to give seperate written notice of commencement of work....or do I?....I thought I'd ask you lot before I make an arse of myself with Building Control tomorrow :LOL: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
That form serves as your 48 hour notice if you put a start date on it

That form serves as your 48 hour notice if you put a start date on it
Got a feeling there may be one or two of those going in at 16:55 on Thursday with new “travelers villages” being completed by Tuesday morning. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's recommended to give 48 hours notice, but not essential.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back