Building in my field

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a country property back in August. I have a large garden and in addition to that there is a Field / paddock next to it.
I had the idea of getting planning permission and selling half of the field, or even building a house and selling it. Some people have said that if its agricultural land then i wont be able to do that.
Is this correct and are there ways round it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need planning permission for sure, but the people saying you'll never get it are not necessarily correct. There're a whole raft of variables that the scant detail in your post doesn't cover but even if it did, we aren't necessarily best placed to advise. You should probably engage the assistance of a planning consultant - if your planning permission were court case, he'd be your lawyer. He should be well appraised of local planning policies, housing needs, possibly even what the planning officers' usual gripes and favours are. You may find it an uphill struggle, as most planning officers seem to have the notion that the NPPF's "presumption in favour of sustainable development" means "it's near a bus stop"

Check your 'Local Plan' and see if its in an area suitable for development or not. That's the first thing any professional would do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back