building internal insulation wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi its been a while since ive been on here as ive finished gutting and finishing my house.
unfortunately now though after living in the property i have realised i have a problem with very cold exterior walls on one side due to them being solid and north facing, which is causing damp, big gas bills and sore ears from the mrs Ha ha
so ive decided to construct internal stud walls, insulate, then plaster board and skim.

my questions are should i do anything to the internal side of the external wall before i put the wall up like an anti fungal paint or somehting similar or not bother?

should i, before fitting the plaster board put a plastic membrane up and seal it tight so no moisture can get through?

last but not least, in my mind im just thinking of building a normal 3x2 stud frame 16" centres with kingspan inbetween. but is there a cheaper or easier way? i have heard people mention steel frame work instead of wood?

thanks kris

Sponsored Links
i think the damp is coming through the wall but also ive fitted better windows and more insulation and introduce a lot of moisture into the house on a daily basis (and the mrs doesnt want me opening widows cause it cold) it could be a combination of the two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back