Building regs for changing window to patio door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Forward planning here when im ready to replace the window to a patio door will i need building regs for this, the patio door will be smaller than the current window thats shown i will have ago myself if im allowed.

Thanks for your time

DSCF4266.jpg

Lee

Sponsored Links
Thanks DevilDamo,

I am sure i dont fit in to the planning requirments i have phoned them few times now asking about the conservatory, but i will contact a fensa registered company to arrange the works for this thanks.

Lee

There's nothing to stop you fitting it yourself. I've done a few. On one occasion the supplier also supplied a fensa certificate; on the others I had to get BC to inspect the work as part of other works I was doing.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Forward planning here when im ready to replace the window to a patio door will i need building regs for this, the patio door will be smaller than the current window thats shown i will have ago myself if im allowed.

Thanks for your time

DSCF4266.jpg

Lee

Not sure how this works but I'm also trying to change a widow into French doors and Council state I need planning permission. They said I'd have to submit plans but wont tell me how detailed apart from they have to be to scale. Does anyone know how detailed the drawings have to be ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back