Building regs/planning required for 1960 extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of buying a house that the vendors says the extension was built in 1960 and also a chimney breast in two rooms (one on top of the other) were removed without remove the top bit in the lift itself. The homebuyers report pulled up that we should ask if planning was granted and building regs for both. I asked the vendors and they said neither were needed at the time of the amendments, is this the case? If they are needed what is the process to get them signed off? Do I need to pay the council to visit and inspect to sign off?

Many thanks in advance,

Hayley

Sponsored Links
Is the surveyor who did the homebuyer's report having a joke?

Any extension built without planning permission becomes immune from Planning enforcement action by the council after 4 years.
After 55 years, there's nothing - repeat nothing - the council can or will do about it. Ditto for the removal of the chimney breasts.

To think that there are 'surveyors' going around charging for ridiculous reports like that.

I want to punch that surveyor right in the face for giving such shoite advice and generally I'm a lover not a fighter and furthermore woody's a surveyor and I don't even want to punch him in the face at the moment.

Oh wait, woody was that your report?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back