Built-in Cistern "overflowing"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've searched on here but this seems an odd one. I have an Oliver International built-in cistern on which the internal overflow initially appeared to be running.

However, on examination the float valve is operating correctly and it appears that there is a leak into the delivery tube to the WC pan from the bulk water in the cistern. I think this because the "overflow" runs even with the cistern almost empty and water supply shut off.

I can't see any obvoius method of removing the syphon assembly to check the body for cracks or other sealing issues without demolishing the bathroom wall! Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Difficult to comment on your individual installation with regards to access without seeing it but generally the flush valve (assuming you've got a push-button flush rather than a handle) is on a bayonet fitting and should rotate and snap out. As for which direction it rotates, that varies according to valve manufacturer unfortunately, and some use a push-on clip system rather than a bayonet too just to add to the complication.

Your problem is most likely a failed flush valve washer, you'll need to get the valve out to confirm though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back