Built in NEFF Microwave gone faulty. Worth repairing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an approximately 6 year old NEFF 1000W microwave that has gone faulty.
symptoms - LED display is working ok.
On all power settings, microwave turntable & fan start but I cant hear the magnetron firing up. After about 20 seconds, Microwave stops.
No beeps, no error codes. Just stops.

My suspicion is that the Magnetron has shuffled off its mortal (RF) coil and the control board has been nailed to it's perch. :(

Bad news in itself as parts alone come in at approx £270. Question is, are there any other possible parts that may need replacing and is it worth doing.
Obviously I will have to call in an expert owing to the exceptionally high voltages involved and necessity to conduct a microwave radiation leakage test at the end of the repair.

A direct replacement for the microwave is approx £800 !

Sponsored Links
It could be
Magnetron
HV fuse
HV diode
HV Capacitor
HV Transformer
Poor connections to any of the above
PCB

People bring them in to the workshop to be looked at and usually get charged around £15.00 to look at and assess, cost parts new/re-cond.

:D Thanks for the input. I will try to find someone local to me to take a shifty. (I live in Dartford, Kent.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back