Bulldog TRV heads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a problem with the above heads, after a year or so the plastic body under the chrome ring which fixes them to the valve fractures and the heads fall off. I have checked the valves and they are functioning correctly.
Is it possible to buy replacement heads and more importantly for longevity ones with metal bodies and not the plastic. I have six radiators and system was installed by Calor Gas.
markings on the body are Bulldog >gene EN215 with a number 42 above.

I have looked on Amazon, and can source heads, just wish to make sure correct ones.

Thanks in anticpation.

John

Sponsored Links
Yes the heads are straight replacement. Usually it takes many years for them to get that brittle though. Are you perhaps running the system very hot? (e.g. 80 degrees) as I can't think of anything else that would cause this to happen so fast.

been fitting bull dogs for coming on 20 years and never had them cracking unless kids etc hitting them

System is run consistently at 21.5 to 22 degrees C...

Have to say that I have found similar behaviour on other makes of heads, it is just the Bulldog ones that were fitted to my current Central Heating system.

Does anyone on here know of a metal bodied connector, without the plastic internal parts which are in contact with the metal valve.

As the plastic in contact with the valve after quite a short time goes brittle and falls apart when you adjust the thermostat control.

I have attempted to rebuild some of these with araldite, but this only works for a short period of time. Due to the expansion stress placed on the head when the control is turned.

Sponsored Links
You misunderstood what I said... Not the air temperature the room thermostat is set to. The boiler flow temperature is what I was asking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back