Burglar alarm help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i have an old Melcom st600 panel and a very old bell box that stopped working 2 years ago so i decided to change the bell box as it was crumbling off the wall (picture supplied). I swapped the old bell box for a Texecom premier 1E and wired it up but this is not working as well, i have a 4 core cable and was told to put the red wire to the 12v and the black to the bell, then use blue and yellow for the tamper (picture supplied). Melcom st6000 picture also supplied. I have checked the 3 fuses in the Melcom ST6000 panel and all ok, so I'm a bit puzzled.

Attachments

• OLD BELL BOX.jpg
    OLD BELL BOX.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,586
  • TEXECOM PREMIER 1E BELL BOX.JPG
    TEXECOM PREMIER 1E BELL BOX.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 5,507
  • TEXECOM BELL BOX JUMPERS.JPG
    TEXECOM BELL BOX JUMPERS.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Melcom ST6000 panel.JPG
    Melcom ST6000 panel.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 614
Sponsored Links
Bell box wiring
Red +

Black sw-(bell trigger)
Yellow ovolts
Blue tamper return

Control panel
Bell + red
Bell- black
Ov yellow
Tr blue

Remove the blue link and replace with the yellow and blue wire from bell box
Now try bell box and if rings all ok.
You could then put a wire link in bell box between bell trigger and strobe and strobe will then flash when sounder rings.
If you still have a problem you will need to check that you have 12 volt at panel between bell + and bell - when you set alarm off.

Ok Handymanjo, do you mean the blue link (SAB) on the Maxicom ST 6000 and are you happy with wiring on the bellbox.

Bell box wiring
Red +

Black sw-(bell trigger)
Yellow ovolts
Blue tamper return

Control panel
Bell + red
Bell- black
Ov yellow
Tr blue

Remove the blue link and replace with the yellow and blue wire from bell box
Now try bell box and if rings all ok.
You could then put a wire link in bell box between bell trigger and strobe and strobe will then flash when sounder rings.
If you still have a problem you will need to check that you have 12 volt at panel between bell + and bell - when you set alarm off.
OK great, do you mean the blue link on the Maxicom ST6000 and are you happy with the wiring on the Bell box.

Sponsored Links
If the bell box now works correctly you can now put the black jumber in the bell box from batt off to batt on.
Do not do this untill you are happy the bell box is working correctly otherwise when you power the bell box down it will ring outside untill timer cuts off.

If the bell box now works correctly you can now put the black jumber in the bell box from batt off to batt on.
Do not do this untill you are happy the bell box is working correctly otherwise when you power the bell box down it will ring outside untill timer cuts off.

Many thanks, all working now, i just have to connect a linkwire from black wire in bell box to strobe in bell box. I now just have one more problem, when messing with the control panel i have turned the walk through sensor chime on so every time i walk past a sensor in the house the panel chime goes off for half a second (very annoying), any idea how to turn off?

Chime on control panel ?
Enter user code
Press 9
If any led are lit. eg 2. Press 2 led should go out
Press reset
If you have other led lit you toggle led off by pressing number,then press reset
Lynteck is the manufacture you could contact then for instructions
Please press Thanks recieved
Hope that helped you?

Chime on control panel ?
Enter user code
Press 9
If any led are lit. eg 2. Press 2 led should go out
Press reset
If you have other led lit you toggle led off by pressing number,then press reset
Lynteck is the manufacture you could contact then for instructions
Please press Thanks recieved
Hope that helped you?

Awesome, worked a treat many thanks once again for your input.

Ok, so you mean move the black tab from the bottom two terminals to cover the top two terminals on the BATT, also should i put the LC tab on the bottom two terminals to the top two terminals if so what would this do?

Yes
Link on top 2 makes battery live in bell box
You can put jumper on bottom 2 LC
This mean low current.bell box user less current when ringing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back