Burglar Alarm with no code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, i hope you can help..

I purchased a house that already had a burglar alarm system fitted, but the previous owner didn't use it and doesn't remember the code. The company that fitted it are no longer available on the number on the front of the alarm box. The control panel doesn't seem to have a brand name on it (or on the inside) it just has the model mumber 9448+ on it. How can i get the code? Is there anymore information i can give you that might be of use?

Also a work man damaged the wire going into one of the pir's and a fuse blew in the panel. The pir is now repaired, what size of fuse do i use to replace the one that has blown?

Any help will be gratefully received, thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
if you can find the manufacturer of the panel anywhere on it you could try contacting them (hint:L try googleing for thier name with the workd alarm)

otherwise i think it may be a case of a new panel :(

as for the fuse if it's a glass fuse it's rathing should be stamped on on of the caps

you will need to change the fuse for the same onee that is there, probably 20mm glass quick blow rated at 1 amp.

The panel you have is a scantronic.

Its actually easy to do, but it would be best if you called a local alarm company to do it for you, then they can offer you a service / maintenance contract

thanks for that, can anybody recommend someone to do that for me in the durham area and how much should i expect to pay?

Sponsored Links
try your local yellow pages. cost depends on company, best call several

Have you tried the default codes of 0000 or 01234, 9999 and other variations? These tend not to be changed when the alarms is not used and is worth a try...even if a vane one you may be successful.

FWL_Engineer said:
Have you tried the default codes of 0000 or 01234, 9999 and other variations? These tend not to be changed when the alarms is not used and is worth a try...even if a vane one you may be successful.

if you do try that, be carefull (though i doubt it will work, since you said but the previous owner didn't use it and doesn't remember the code)

the reason is like most panels the scantronic will go into "tamper" after 15 button presses, for which you will need the code.

default customer code is 1234

MANDATE said:
If you try Scantronic you will find contact No.
You may ba able to obtain the 'know how' from the installers instructions
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
can't do that :cry: , you have to be a SRI (Scantronic Registered Installer)

When i moved in the estate agents told me that the code began 16 but they didn't know the rest of it, so i assume from that, the code must have been changed from a default. Thanks for all the help so far i think i'll contact scantronic to see if they have a recommended engineer in my area. Any further help will be gratefully received, such as if an engineer knows of a simple way to learn the code from the panel and how to change it afterwards...

Dont bother with Scantronic, they only make the panel, they will tell you as i first said, try yor yellow pages, look under burglar alarms, or if you like ask at your local police station for the CPO, and ask him for a list of local companies.

As for a simple way to learn the code from the panel, sorry no can do, the codes have to be defaulted, then you choose new code

Contact Scantronic Customer Services on:

01594 545 544
[email protected]
[email protected]

Tell them the problem, they may be able to advise you how to reset the access codes, on some systems this can be done by removing all power to the system, or by jumper terminals on the curcuit board.

The default codes for your panel I think are 1234 and 0000.

sorry you are wrong with the codes its 1234 & 7890. you are also wrong about how its done, it is very easy to do, but make one mistake and you have to reprogramme the lot.

I shouldn't bother with Scantronic (as i have mentioned before. As also as i have mentioned before you have to be a Scantronic Registered Installer, and if you are, you will already know what to do.)

copied from the Scantronic Website
Cooper Security Ltd are a purely manufacturing company. Therefore, if your alarm panel requires maintenance or a fault has occurred you will need to contact the installation company who originally installed the alarm system.

If however this information is not known, you can find a local installer either in the Yellow Pages under 'Burglar Alarms', or a more extensive list can be found on the NSI or SSAIB websites

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back