burner pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone tell me should burner pressure readings on dhw be steady? had a worcester 24rsf i. read 13mb fine then after few seconds went down to 7mb????meter ,inlet pressure fine. flame pic fine, dhw very hot. didnt want to alter the bp as my intial reading of 13 mb was correct .new to gas world so would like some advice. thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
its doing its job, hot water hot enough so its backing off the gas..... just like you going on the motorway, accelerating up to 70mph and once you get there, there is no need to accelerate anymore so you just tick along.

If you dont know why it went down to 7 mbar then i suggest you get out of the gas world pretty sharpish.

Sponsored Links
And I have not said a word!

But this should have been posted inside the CC so that we know that he really is registered. At the moment as far as I am concerned he may not be!

Tony

7mb is bloody low as well, it shouldn't really be getting that low even if it's firing at full rate. What's the standing pressure?

7mb is b****y low as well, it shouldn't really be getting that low even if it's firing at full rate. What's the standing pressure?

He is talking about the burner pressure and not the working pressure at the inlet!

The standing pressure is irrelevant by the way ( unless it exceeds 65 mB which is the usual max rating for most gas valves. )

Are you unregistered or another 4 week wonder?

thanks for the advice superdupergasman. if you dont ask questions how do u learn.

rest of u, stick it up your pipe and smoke it. so called experienced guys are shocking so i suggust you be less smug . ive lost count of of the experiened buys ive met who dont understand work. stand ,operating pressures, who dont even know how to measure minimum burner pressures

who dont even know how to measure minimum burner pressures

You clearly dont either!! If your pondering over the modulaton of a gas control i hardly think your capable of measuring minumun burner pressures! Its worrying how people pass their acs it really is!

7mb is b****y low as well, it shouldn't really be getting that low even if it's firing at full rate. What's the standing pressure?

He is talking about the burner pressure and not the working pressure at the inlet!

The standing pressure is irrelevant by the way ( unless it exceeds 65 mB which is the usual max rating for most gas valves. )

Are you unregistered or another 4 week wonder?

Ah yes, sorry my mistake, should read the question properly, I read 'burner pressure' and answered about inlet pressure, hence the confusion over my question.

can you imagine the damage a guy like this could do.
his customer could be my mum or wife and kids.

its worrying !

rest of u, stick it up your pipe and smoke it. so called experienced guys are shocking so i suggust you be less smug . ive lost count of of the experiened buys ive met who dont understand work. stand ,operating pressures, who dont even know how to measure minimum burner pressures

Whilst you are welcome to help yourself to better understand gas matters, you should ask inside the CC if you are really registered and we will be pleased to help you.

Its embarassing that you are clearly working on gas when you are so inexperienced.

More embarasing that you are so rude to those who know so much more than you do.

MOST embarassing that you do this in full view of the public who expect that any registered person knows what they are doing!

If you really are registered then CORGI should be reviewing your situation!

Anyone in Ayrshire be very careful who they choose for gas work!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back