Gloworm Compact with Low Burner Pressure

Are you sure the boiler is not modulating down (perhaps the DHW flowrate is slow)?

Often you need to run cooler water from the rads through the boiler with the gas off to cool down the main heat exchanger and then open the hot tap to cool the plate exchanger. Then when you check maximum burner pressure you have sufficient time before it modulates down

Have you followed section 10.5 to set the minimum and maximum pressures on the gas valve itself before adjusting the board pots?

Remember to disconnect the sense and setup the ignition pressure.

Otherwise perhaps the sensors are iffy or the plate is blocked - how hot do the flow/returns to the plate get.

Otherwise the board could be suspect - I had a similar fault wherby no amount of adjustment would get the pressure above 8 mbar (that however affected the heating as well).

Be aware that with a brand new board you may struggle to get the full 15 mbar bp. I suspect Honeywell have modified the boards as the bp's can drift upwards.

Have a word with Phoenix about the sulphide - perhaps they will install a filter - in the old town gas days filters were often fitted before the gov.

Sponsored Links
I didnt get a chance to check any of the above as i was already late for my next job. There isnt anyone in the house at present so ill be back there tommorrow.

I know i am totally cutting my teeth on this one but the learning curve is totally welcome. Well check everything off tommorrow and take a note of my findings.

It must be blissful for you guys to walk in, sort the problem, lift the cash and walk back out knowing you have done a good job. Maybe one day.

Again i cant thank you enough.

Grill

grill said:
It must be blissful for you guys to walk in, sort the problem, lift the cash and walk back out knowing you have done a good job. Maybe one day.

Grill

Keep dreaming :LOL: it doesn't get easier, with new boiler models being launched as fast as they currently are experience is becoming difficult to aquire. A particular boiler model used to be sold for 10 years before the next model is launched now its perhaps every year.

I wish I knew everything, and anyone who claims they do should sell their toys and give up befroe they kill someone.

Everyone (and I do mean everyone) of us will work into a problem they struggle with.

Often the boiler problem is obvious - it's finding a practical/wallet friendly solution that struggles.

Sponsored Links
Gasguru said:
Keep dreaming :LOL: it doesn't get easier, with new boiler models being launched as fast as they currently are experience is becoming difficult to aquire. A particular boiler model used to be sold for 10 years before the next model is launched now its perhaps every year.

Its not just that! Most of the larger makers have two or three significantly different models being sold in parallel at the same time.

Another problem is that with the digital based PCBs I cannot always find the faulty component on the board any more and there can be corrupted memory or software.

Tony

Yet again guys you were right,

It was my old friend modulation!!!!

Can i just tahnk you again for all your help on this one. I have learnt loads. Went through everything with the landlord, she is delighted and has given me another two houses to look after each year.

At least now when i go back to this one next year i will know what im doing.

If you are in every in Belfast look me up and ill get you some poitin!!!!!

Grill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back