Modena 102 locks out if left off overnight.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im starting to love these boilers!!!

Servcied this unit at Christmas and everything was fine with it. Guy phoned me today to say that everytime he turns it off for a couple of days, sticks it back on its goes to lock out. Turns the reset button and away she goes merrily all night.

Now my logic is telling me that something is sticking due to not being used. Im thinking GV or maybe Governor. I know there is an electrode gap problem on these.

Got there and checked i was getting gas up to the GV.Reset the boiler and started it running. 20 mb working pressure.

So i started checking pressure on Ch and it was running at 0.5 mb!!!! So i found the problem. Not enough gas getting through. So i went to the manual to check how to set the pressure.

Min heating pressure should be 2.5 mb. Turned P3 on the board down to miniumum, and turned the screw E on the GV anti clockwise. Did nothing. So i tried turning P5 and again it did nothing. There was no adjustment possible.

Then i thought copper sulphide. Took the GV out and tapped. A little copper sulphide but nothing to worry about.

GV back in and same set of problems.

Ran the boiler on HW and the max value was 7 mb.

Primary solenoid resistance is 2.75 Kohms. Secondary coil is 1.6 Kohms.

Is this a dying GV?

G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back