Gas pressure drop

Sponsored Links
of course and what law is that ?

Is that to me? Not quite sure I understand?

All gas work is covered by the regs (the law) Specifically anything above a U16/35mm pipework and/or a system volume above 0.035m3 is outside the scope of a domestic ACS ticket for testing and purging and steps up into commercial ticket territory.

why would it be aimed at you did you mention the law ?

Sponsored Links
Based on the OP's piping specs my calcs came out at...

0.032739 for an E6
0.041139 for a U6
0.066639 for a U16

These figures are the Purge volumes....Not IV for soundness testing !!

E6 and U6 are well within scope. .02182 and .02742 M3 IV.

Approx system volume with each meter type. With yours (6m3/h) it's possibly a U6/G4 and maybe pushing you over the 0.035m3 domestic threshold
I can see U6 and G4 numbers on the face, but find it difficult to make the volume up to 0.035m3.

of course and what law is that ?
Are you suggesting that while this problem may not comply with gas regulations, it is not necessarily breaking any law? If so, I am surprised, I had always assumed that such regulations were mandatory in law.

and thats the trouble with assumptions ;)
So please clarify, are gas regulations relating to the pressure drop as in my OP governed by law or not? That is why I asked my original question, as I am concerned that we are operating within the law.

So please clarify, are gas regulations relating to the pressure drop as in my OP governed by law or not? That is why I asked my original question, as I am concerned that we are operating within the law.

To gas112:

Does the absence of a response mean you don't know, or are just not willing to help?

OK thanks, that clears it up, you are just unwilling to help.
However thanks to those other posters who have made some helpful replies. Much obliged.

OK thanks, that clears it up, you are just unwilling to help.
However thanks to those other posters who have made some helpful replies. Much obliged.
how many regs are law in your line of work :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back