Gas pressure drop

I have now measured the volume of the system which is ≈ 0.02155.
The meter plate reads:
Qmax 6M3/h
Qmin 0.12m3/h
P max75 Mbar
V 2dm3

Sponsored Links
How did you get that volume?
And why are you doing this and not your engineer?

How did you get that volume?
And why are you doing this and not your engineer?

Measured the pipe lengths per diameter, then used volume = pi x radius squared x length of pipe (I used the outside diameters, 28, 22 & 15 to be on the safe side). I appreciate that this is a rough and ready calculation and does not account for the pressure.
Our regular guy is coming next week to discuss this.

Does the information on the meter help in any way?

I should point out that the system has been operating satisfactorily for 20 years. The Vaillant is original and the WB was fitted about 15 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Thanks anyway guys, as far as I can tell from the replies and my, admittedly rough, calculation, the system can be serviced by a non-commercially qualified gas engineer, and the pressure drop may be below the permitted limit. We will ask our normal engineer to confirm this one way or the other next week. I assume that the meter information did not help to clarify the situation. As an aircraft engineer, I have some knowledge of physics, but I am afraid that I know very little about gas heating systems, domestic or commercial.

Based on the OP's piping specs my calcs came out at...

0.032739 for an E6
0.041139 for a U6
0.066639 for a U16

He should have the COMCAT qualification if it's a commercial cooker. What is the kitchen used for?
Very occasionally, heating pre-cooked meals. To be honest, the cooker is over the top for our needs, a 4 ring one would adequate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back