Gas pressure drop

These figures are the Purge volumes....Not IV for soundness testing !!

E6 and U6 are well within scope. .02182 and .02742 M3 IV.

But there's a problem with the pressure drop to the appliance(s) and the installation needs attention and perhaps altering which would involve purging!
Without eyes on... I was suggesting to the OP (in my first post to this thread) that the installation might require a commercial ticket as it sounds borderline now and even more so when altered.

Sponsored Links
Dilalio , so why does the system need attention as the regs stand just now ?

answer the question i asked , how would it be dealt with under the regs and what would you be expected to do

Sponsored Links
I would call my Gas Safe colleague to come and appraise it. And I believe he would Gas rate the boilers whilst they're at max output and with 3 rings lit on the cooker.

Other than that, I have to admit I don't immediately have the answer but am intrigued to be enlightened...?

so in other words your not qualified on gas but like to give answers out about it that you know nothing about ?
and then give up when you cant find it on google

so in other words your not qualified on gas but like to give answers out about it that you know nothing about ?
and then give up when you cant find it on google

If you say so.
It's a discussion forum and If you read through my posts to the OP, you'll see I've referred him several times to his RGI and not had a response.

But you're now set in attack mode so, I don't suppose anything I say will sway you from your target.

no you say so , you say you would have to get s gas safe colleague to look at it, so why comment on stuff you dont even know about , or action that should be taken .
This job has been vsited by a rgi and as such he should have acted accordingly regards the reading obtained and from exactly where they were obtained

If you say so.
It's a discussion forum and If you read through my posts to the OP, you'll see I've referred him several times to his RGI and not had a response.

But you're now set in attack mode so, I don't suppose anything I say will sway you from your target.

Not correct, refer to my answers 18 and 21. Our normal engineer, who is Gas safe, is visiting next week.

Stop talking in riddles and either explain to the man what the issues are or don't bother answering questions with questions.
4 pages of utter drivel and barely a useful comment, just bickering, innuendo and subterfuge.

I'm not a gas engineer but what I think is being hinted at here is that despite the reg stating a 1mbar drop is the maximum permissible, the practicalities are often a lot bigger drop than that, particularly when measured at the appliance, also varies depending on the appliance, make model, type of appliance etc.
Also whether the operating pressures are within the manufacturers parameters.
Probably more importantly is whether each of the appliances might be depriving the others of gas and therefore causing incorrect combustion, particularly the open flamed hob.

causing incorrect combustion, particularly the open flamed hob.
How would an under sized gas supply cause incorrect combustion on an open flamed hob? worst case scenario is would take longer to heat whatever is on the hob.

My thoughts exactly Ian but dans right with what he said as usual and Terry both of whom always make valid points as do you.Bob

Just out of interest, how many Kw are all your appliances added together?
You say you have 2 x boilers and 1 x cooker?
It could be that your meter is also undersized.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back