Burner Pressure on Baxi Barcelona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mornin,

Where do you check the burner pressure on a Baxi Barcelona?? It says in the manual NOT to check it at the gas valve.

Also can you tell me what resistance i should expect at the gas valve.

Going round to one and the flame picture looks a little orange so want to check it out. Have 20 m bar Inlet working pressure so assume i dont have a copper sulphide problem.

Cheers

Grill

Sponsored Links
The only barcelona i can find is of the premix type in which case you cant check burner pressures.

Do a gas rate and check seals for cause of incomplete combustion.

Maybe i have the wrong barcelona cause i thought these were old peices of crap?

Oh they are. They give loads of ignition problems and have an aluminium HE so the condensatr trap gets blocked all teh time.

Will do a gas rate check.

G

Gas rate after 10mins should be 2.36m³/h (83.3ft³/h) unless it's been uprated. (The input is factory set at 23.45kW and can be altered to 33.76kW).

Remove the condense trap and clean, replace and pour clean water, slowly, down the flue until it runs clear. Repeat as necessary.

Sponsored Links
Excuse my ignorance but why exactly do you pour water down the flue?? Is it to clean out the burner/HE?

Where do you access the flue to get the water down it??

Never heard of this so very curious as to what you have to do.

G

grill said:
Never heard of this so very curious as to what you have to do.

So you've never read the installation instructions?

Section 8.5

ooops.

Will study them more throughly tonight mate!!

Cheers

G

Hi again baxipoti,

Found section 8.5 but im still not sure how you do this with the flue in place. I noticed the flame picture when i was on a service not an install.

G

Surely you can work that one out.

What part of "pour clean water down the flue" are you struggling with.

Going round to one and the flame picture looks a little orange so want to check it out.

Please tell me that you have a FGA and know where to stick it and interpret the results.

. Have 20 m bar Inlet working pressure so assume i dont have a copper sulphide problem

:confused:

I sure do sir. I have worked it out now you will glad to hear.

Teh comment about teh copper sulphide stems from another post where i only had 10 mBar working pressure at teh Inlet. Took out the gas valve and it was full of copper sulphide. Stuck teh gas valve back in and it was problem solved.

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back