Baxi Barcelona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,
I have Baxi Barcelona central heating unit.
Hot water is working perfectly fine but the central heating system is out of order.
Boiler is switched on from the local isolator and boiler itself; I am saying this because the boilers main Green and Yellow, both lights are on. Thanks god no unusual flashing lights on the boilers control panel also.
There is a separate water pressure cylinder with water gauge bar located next to BAXI, Barcelona, which shows 0 pressure, I played with the water valve and let the water pressure go up to 0.8. But then I heard water falling from the height. This water is coming from a small pipe from the loft and falling into the back garden. When I stop the water valve, obviously the gauge is on 0 again. Now the, upstairs heaters, in landing and two of the bedroom is working but still master bedroom is without heating.
Kindly let me know
1- I need to set water gauge to 0.8, if yes so why the water coming from the loft pipe and falling outside?
2- Why master bedroom and downstairs heating still not working?
Guide me to the right direction please.

Sponsored Links
Right direction........call out a good rgi repairer

Powell30, I don't mind calling someone in but I want to get some rough idea beforehand.

I mean I am not even sure if I have modern heating or have some water tank upstairs in the loft.

Sorry for being naive, could u kindly tell me what rgi stands for please?

Thanks

Please take the advice. ;)

Have been in the indusrty 11 years which compared to some is little but most a lot.
The Barcelona was my first introduction to condensing boilers :mad:

I winced when in 2004 they said this technology would be law to fit from 2005 :rolleyes:

Back then ( 2001) there was four of us stumped by this boiler which was giving us a fault code......a fault code that Baxi said didnt exist. Well it did and after the customer spent loads of £ getting it working ( time after time one thing after another would go wrong and then be replaced).

They replaed it ( with us ) 12 months later.

Really, consider a replacement :unsure:

Sponsored Links
[quote

Sorry for being naive, could u kindly tell me what rgi stands for please?

Thanks[/quote]

Registered Gas Installer ;)

When we moved in, after a year or two we had similar sort of problem as u have mentioned above, oph.
After all changed parts and 3 months of freezing nights we were told we need to change a boiler, and we got new Baxi, Barcelona, again.
This boiler is 5 years old and worked all right, until few years back when we had hot water problem and now this heating system problem
Upstairs en-suite master bedroom got two heaters; one is working well and is extremely hot whereas the adjacent heater in the washroom is still cold. Amazingly, landing heater and two bedroom heaters are working well, but still no luck with downstairs though.
Could you guys kindly correct me about water tank pressure it is supposed to be on 0.8?
Any explanation about when I increase the water pressure why the water flows out from the loft please.
Oph, thanks a lot for telling about this RGI abbreviation, as I use to think it was corgi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back