Baxi Barcelona and external pump running continuously!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend has a baxi barcelona condensing boiler and the pump runs continuously. She called in someone to look at it and they said that it was the timer that needed changing.

They have done this and it still runs continuously with both heating and water set to off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
Ahh, the old Baxi Barcelona :evil:

I would suggest that you contact Baxi service dept. They will offer a "fix-it-all" for a fixed price. I know the price may sound expensive but TBH these boilers are cr*p. I have had Baxi out to a few and they have ended up changing virtually everthing in the boiler apart from the casing.

shotgun.jpg

put it out of it's (and your) misery :LOL: :LOL:

They've always been troublesome. Now they're old and troublesome. If it's working, don't mend it, just start saving up.

Or maybe change girlfiend... :cry:

Sponsored Links
The boiler itself is fine. Touch wood! Its quiet and reliable!

Wish I could say same for the girlfriend!

:LOL: :LOL:

The Barcelona boiler does not control the pump, unless it's a full TRV system or wired up wrong!

So is there an answer to stop the pump running all the time? What I find is that after hot water tank gets to set temperature, the boiler shuts down but the pumps continues and sucks the heat back out of the tank! Also in the middle of the night you can hear the pump!

Cheers for the help

Ian

The pump should be wired the same as the boiler, if the boiler shuts down the pump should shut down!

Is the system Full TRV?

Is the pump connection on the boiler being used?

I take it to be a normal Barcelona boiler not a Barcelona system boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back