BAXI BARCELONA - hot water but not central heating!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 7 year old baxi barcelona, the hot water system works perfectly but the central heating system seems to have died, there are no lights on whatsoever when i try to put the heating on and nothing happens, if anybody has any ideas i would be most grateful, even if only so i can pass them on when i have to make the dreaded expensive call out to a Corgi man, please help!!!

Sponsored Links
i would be checking the roomstat and clock before anything else.

Hi Dangermouse46, my heating isn't set on the timer, i always used to put it on manually, i have just put a digital thermometer in my kitchen which is reading 23 degrees (although it doesn't feel that warm!) and have found that my thermostat clicks at about 22 degrees so now i am thinking how dumb am i? the thing is the heating worked about two weeks ago and surely it hasn't got warmer! Right i will keep an eye on the digital thermometer and wait for the room temperature to drop to see if it works. I will post again one way or another. I can't believe i didn't consider that before. Thanks!

if anybody has any ideas i would be most grateful, even if only so i can pass them on when i have to make the dreaded expensive call out to a Corgi man, please help!!!

You dont have much faith in "a CORGI man" having the skills to be able to diagnose faults.

What could we do to improve our image?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry Agile, guess i have watched too much tv where it shows people being ripped off therefore as a woman i am slightly concerned as i cannot afford hundreds of pounds unneccessarily.
To dangermouse46 i have to say i am officially todays forum dumbo, i realised that it doesn't matter if my room temp is 23 degrees if i have set the thermo to 30 and nothing is happening, doh!!! therefore i still need help/advice please!!!! I also neglected to mention that recently the hot water was heating up along with the radiators when only heating was selected, could there possbily be some sort of valve problem??? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back