Burner Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since I had my boiler (Baxi Solo) serviced a couple of weeks ago, I have noticed that the outer case of my boiler is a fair bit hotter to the touch, and the rads seem hotter also. Boiler stat hasn't been changed (still on 3 of 5), and the rads switch off as per room stat when desired room temp has been reached as normal.

I am also waiting for a new 3-port valve and cylinder stat to be fitted because both are knackered, but as far as I am aware, this isn't influencing what I have mentioned above.

Is it just the stats which determine the temperature of the water, or can the burner pressure have some influence if it had been set higher?

Sponsored Links
The temperature of the boiler is set by the boiler thermostat setting.

The burner pressure only sets the power output of the boiler and thus how quickly the boiler reaches the set temperature.

That particular model does run with a very hot case. Almost dangerously so in my view. Its important to ensure there is plenty of ventilation and nothing close to or touching the case.

Tony

You can always turn the boiler stat down a little if you get enough heat out of the rads.

It is probably slightly more efficient that way.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If there was a problem with the boiler stat, would it overheat and cut out?

I am currently having problems with the diverter valve, but it seems to be partially working at least. Now when HW only is on, instead of all the rads getting hot, just the upstairs ones get tepid.

When just CH is on cylinder doesn't get hot. However, when just HW on cylinder is very hot, far hotter than I have cylinder stat set. Getting the 3-port valve changed next week, but still not sure that is all of the problem, other than the cylinder stat is probably knackered as well. Room stat is working as is should but rads still hotter than before I had the boiler service. Have now turned boiler stat down to 2. to see if they makes any difference.

I'm sure all the solo range (you have not identified yours) have overheat protection in one form or another.

Cheers Pete, added a bit after your post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back