Butting linear drain against hopper

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, is there a way of butting a linear drain against a hopper and using the side exit of the drain straight into the hopper? Pictures attached. I was wondering if I could hole saw between the two and use some sort of grommet.

If not, any suggestions? I guess plan B would be to remove the hopper and use a bottom exit on the linear drain straight into the (assumed) rest bend beneath, but that sounds like a lot more work.

Thanks

DSC_0148.JPG DSC_0149.JPG

Sponsored Links
No, I think your only options are to remove the hopper, and either use a junction to accept the linear drain connection, and replace hopper in top socket of the junction, or as you suggested, connect bottom outlet from Linear drain into gulley trap below.

If it’s 4” plastic and you have a bit of depth on it could you just add a T to pick up the ACO drain?

Thanks both. Forgive me as I haven't done any underground drainage before, should it literally be as simple as digging, lifting off the hopper, and then pushing on the aco drain? I have 110mm pipe if I need to extend.

The hopper has water in it, even when dry, so there is some sort of trap - is there a way (without digging) for me to tell if the trap is integral for the hopper and will therefore need replacing? I have combined drainage so will definitely need some sort of trap.

Sponsored Links
The trap will very likely be separate to the hopper. It should just pull out once you have cleared the ground around it.

• Thanks
Reactions: bsr

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back