Buy 3x6m gazebo or build temporary timber gazebo with tarp?

Id advise more horizontal supports and a bigger fall - if you get rain the tarp could easily pool and collapse the structure otherwise.

Just thinking are there sturdy fence posts further left in your photo? Could they be temporarily extended vertically, and ropes run across to the shed with the tarp slung over them?

Sponsored Links
Plan E...

Bamboo! Saw a bamboo rose pergola and that inspired me. Also, had a bamboo hammock years ago, and stopped using about 10 years ago I guess, but still have some of the pole laying around the garden. Not planning on using these, but my point is, they seem in OK condition - so should last.

And found a UK bamboo supplier where I can get two 5.5m poles, and 16 3m poles, and 16 1m poles, for £216.92 (including vat and shipping)

Then it's "just" a case of tying them together and using the 16 1m poles as corner braces.

My plan ... (drawn in MS Paint, and it will probably look as bad as this)

bamboo gazebo.png

This seems to be the proper way to do it ...
https://www.bambooimport.com/en/how-to-build-a-bamboo-pergola

This seems reasonable, I think. Will only be 3.6m long, but means I get the finished product I need, amd just need to throw a tarp or something over it for shelter.
The posts are notched, but I will need to notch the rafter rails I guess ...

upload_2021-6-9_15-12-30.png

aaaaarrrgghhh

everything is selling out.

WEll, they can sell me 2 2.7m rails and 6 3.6m rails, so the long ones will be on top.

Would that look weird? Or totally normal?

Sponsored Links
RIGHT

Bits are ordered. No more pondering allowed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back