Buying a washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking around for a new washing machine & have come across the ISE 10 with a 10 year garentee. Has anyone heard of them & whether they are reliable?

Sponsored Links
not very good ,expensive made in sweden .

Thanks,
Tried Google & got 'Quite simply, we think this is the best washing machine you can buy. ' from UK Whitegoods, but I believe they have some involvement in their supply/ manufacture?

and

The 10 is a cracking machine IMO that just trundles on and on, built by Asko in Sweden who I've dealt with for 20+ years, I still rate them above all else two decades later. I still have customers coming back after two decades wanting another one as well. They're tough, easy to use and just do the job as well as being really economical to maintain if they ever need it but, not many ever do.
from Moneysaving expert. No idea if there is a relationship.

10 years parts & labour at £400 less than a Miele seems like good news

Sponsored Links
Washing machines from "Which?"

"You’ll find a front-load washing machine in almost every home, and we received more survey responses about them than any other product.

Miele is still out in front, with Bosch and Zanussi/Zanussi-Electrolux close behind. Tricity Bendix and Siemens are both down to average this year and LG machines now join Hoover, Hotpoint and Indesit as below average. The biggest single brand represented in the survey was Bosch – 34% of all of the responses we received were from Bosch owners.

Why washing machines break down
The top three reasons why washing machines break down are: drainage, 55%; door, 29%; drum, 18%."

Brand Reliability Index

Miele 95%
Bosch 92%
Zanussi / Zanussi-Electrolux 91%
Tricity Bendix 88%
Beko 88%
AEG / AEG-Electrolux 88%
Siemens 88%
Whirlpool 88%
Candy 88%
Servis 87%
Indesit 85%
Hoover 85%
LG 85%
Hotpoint 81%

Table notes
Sample sizes: Miele (460), Bosch (1890), Zanussi / Zanussi-Electrolux (584), Tricity Bendix (82), Beko (71), AEG / AEG-Electrolux (222), Siemens (174), Whirlpool (148), Candy (62), Servis (87), Indesit (245), Hoover (206), LG (105), Hotpoint (814). The total sample size was 5150.

I ended up buying a Bosch Logixx 8 1600 Express.
So far we are very pleased with it. It is quiet, gives good economy with low wash temeratures and a big 8 kilo wash from a standard size machine.
Downsidies: The door sensor is a bit tempremental and the touch sensitive buttons can be changed by accident

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back