Buying induction hob - requires forced ventilation oven???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to buy an Induction hob (Indesit VIA640C) that will be installed above a single oven. One of the requirements for the hob is that if it is to be installed above an oven, the oven has to be forced ventilation. I don't suppose anyone can tell me what that means? The oven is a Neff B12M42.

Thanks,
Richard

Sponsored Links
Forced ventilation means the air being circulated/extracted by mechanical means ie a fan, so presumably when installing this hob above an oven then it becomes too hot for normal air circulation to prevent it overheating & requires fan cooling of the housing.

Most ovens if fitted with an electronic timer will have the air blow across the timer should the timer reach a specific temp.
But I dont undersatnd what the hob manufacture is saying.
I would suggest that you to a kitchen specialst & make an enquirey about a new kitchen & what appliances you want to fit OR email the manufacture.

Sponsored Links
likely to be so the casing of the oven below, does not become so warm that it effects the hob above. ie flex and electrical components.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back