FITTING A BOSCH HOB ... ADVICE NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone.

I am currently undertaking a kitchen project which is about 90% complete. I have all units installed and worktop mitred into the corners (my kitchen is a horseshoe layout).

I have a small problem: I have purchased a Bosch Quicktherm Frameless Hob which is not an induction hob and I need to fit it above a built under double oven.

The instructions indicate that "...no refridgerator, washing machine or non-ventilated oven can be installed underneath the appliance." even though the instructions go on to imply that fitting a built-under oven is ok, the next narrative is thus: "...If the oven is built under, route the cable past the rear corners of the oven to the socket"

This is confusing. I thought the only ovens that need to fitted away from a oven, or if there is insufficient clearance are induction hobs? The hob is a Bosch Quick Therm PKE611E14E and the built-under oven is an electrolux EOU4300X.

I need to fit this hob, or do I need to buy another one.

Kind regards.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back