general question about gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my existing gas hob and I want to ask a question. because this gas hob is on the worktop and under this worktop is a built in electric oven.

I want to know if I ask a qualify gas hob installer to install the new hob, does he need to remove the oven under the worktop, in order to fasten the gas hob on the top? If yes, is it a big job?

Thank you for all who reading this!

Sponsored Links
Yes it will need to be removed as the connection to the hob is rigid so has to be done from underneath.

Removal of the oven is straightforward. Usually a couple of screws around the perimeter, in the door opening. Turn off the supply at the isolator and slide the oven forward out of the housing. Hopefully there will be sufficient cable to avoid disconnecting while the hob is fitted.

Replace oven and screws, job done.

Yes it will need to be removed as the connection to the hob is rigid so has to be done from underneath.

Removal of the oven is straightforward. Usually a couple of screws around the perimeter, in the door opening. Turn off the supply at the isolator and slide the oven forward out of the housing. Hopefully there will be sufficient cable to avoid disconnecting while the hob is fitted.

Replace oven and screws, job done.

Why I ask this question is because I want to take up the installation service when I buy this new hob. And I am worrying the gas engineer will say you need to remove the oven first before I can install the hob. As you know, do you think they will remove the oven and install the hob? or I need to remove the oven myself? Thanks

Sponsored Links
My guess is they will expect you to remove it, but why not ask the question (and get it confirmed in writing if you can) if they will remove it? I suspect they will not :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back