Double oven & gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone fitted a Whirlpool Double oven AKL 307 IX along with a Whirlpool gas hob GMA 75 22 IX?

We started out needing a double oven as parts were unavailable for our Belling built under gas oven, we decided to go for electric and chose a Whirlpool AKL307XI because all the others were small ovens. When it arrived it would not go far enough back due to the hob gas entry pipe coming vertically down from the hob. This meant that the hob would also need replacing as the oven will not go far enough back in the space available!

I have tried asking Whirlpool and a supplier if the above gas hob could be piped up so as not to interfere with the ovens but none of them want to commit themselves!

I know it should be obvious that they will be compatible together but I don't want to take the risk and the supplier refusing to accept a return once we have opened the packaging on the hob.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that I get what you say but the present hob (8 yrs old) does not have that space due to a gas pipe coming vertically down from inside the hob. Are you saying that new hobs have the capability to run the gas pipe further back towards the wall?

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that new hobs have the capability to run the gas pipe further back towards the wall?
The hobs just have a connection. The pipe goes wherever you want to put it, guided by the space at the rear of the oven.

I'm pretty sure there would have been options for your old hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back