Buying oak help please !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all !!

Im trying to buy 2x 100x100x1500 oak posts rustic if possible but not the end of the world if not, to replace the rotting softwood ones at the front of my house, but i have never had such an up hill battle !!

my local timber place wants over £250 on the internet there about £25 - £30 but then £100 delivery, Does anyone know of a saw mill or timber yard near Burton on Trent ? im happy to drive further afield, but looking online the only one that would let me collect has a £500 minimum order value !!

it cannot be this hard can it ?!

Sponsored Links
try a salvage yard
dont go looking for 4x4" go looking for any size greater that can be cut down
old timber will be stable and should have done all its moving
where as new timber can move quite a lot
as an aside 1/3 the post should be in the ground

Sponsored Links
Hello all !!

Im trying to buy 2x 100x100x1500 oak posts rustic if possible but not the end of the world if not, to replace the rotting softwood ones at the front of my house, but i have never had such an up hill battle !!

my local timber place wants over £250 on the internet there about £25 - £30 but then £100 delivery, Does anyone know of a saw mill or timber yard near Burton on Trent ? im happy to drive further afield, but looking online the only one that would let me collect has a £500 minimum order value !!

it cannot be this hard can it ?!

What Timber Yard ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back