Buying retro light switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not after bakelite or brass toggles - but am after the sixties style, somewhat rounded square light switch with a toggle shape that you throw rather than a rocker you push - like these:

https://picclick.co.uk/vintage-mk-light-switch60s-2way-light-switch-282306053721.html

Does anyone make these any more? Are they unsafe or just out of fashion? I've one broken one in the house (they're all like this) and would rather keep them all similar, rather than change all of them to more modern designs.

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, it's not the 'toggle style' as such - what I'd call a classic toggle switch, but the plastic/white style of light switch with a toggle 'action' - rather than a modern rocker - as I said, like the attached.

Dave

Attachments

• lightswitch.jpg
    lightswitch.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 119
Yup - not retro enough to be popular again, but retro enough to not be fasionable and onsale any more - have seen a couple on ebay for a tenner, so may just buy one there..

Dave

Looking at the sold items like those on eBay, I've made a mental note to never throw any old accessories away.

The mind boggles at what some of them go for.

£14, anyone:

s-l225.jpg

?

Sitting here trying to work out how much the value of my Mum's house has just gone up....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back