Changing a 2 way Dimmer for a 2 way toggle switch (HELP)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if any one could help me on changing a 2 way dimmer switch for a 2way toggle switch for the upstairs landing light and bathroom. I have uploaded a drawing of my dimmer switch wiring diagram and a drawing of the toggle switch which I want to replace it with. The drawings should hopefully shine more light on what I am trying to achieve rather than me explaining it in words. Thankyou in advance. Help is very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
either my eyesight is going or the pictures are small (yes i cliked on the pic)

you wire it up as it is now.

the only differance is the new switch has termials at the top an bottom

the one at the top of the triangle is common, L1 & L2 are as they are (same) it looks like L1 on the old switch says l1 as opposed to L1 but its the same thing

I think common is called II on the new swicth ( i dont see too well)

on the other half of the switch the common is the one at the bottom of the triangle.

in both cases its at the apex of the triangle

Sorry about the picture, It was bigger when I drew it, but for some strange reason its gone small and the coloured wires have changed to grey. Thankyou for you help and I will try what you have explained. Thank you very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back