buying Shed -Floor dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently looking for a 12x10 shed, I found a few made from redwood? not tanalised or npthing, heavy duty 3x2 framework, roof joists but the floor are just plain planks.
I want it to last , and will have my motorbike in their aswell so want it be sufficient while still on a budget- rented house.

these are some examples, are the thickness of the T&G/ boards/floors etc ok

13mm t&g
25mm floor planks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARDEN-SH...872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4abc0671d8

It's going on a sound concrete base- raised.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
line the main floor area with 12mm ply
then if it gets damaged you replace
25mm flooring is likely to be 21mm as planed timber is quoted by the pre worked stock size

also 3x2" cls is 1.5x2.5" 38x63mm

Was going to line it, and have a extra protection where the bike will be.

Is that shed specs ok you think structurally.

Thanks for your help.

same size as my shed but i built my own :D :D

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/bigall2005/?action=view&current=e1e47346.pbw

dosnt look bad they say sawn floor well that refers to the sawn timber size so floorboards will be worked size[21mm]
the shiplap [cladding]will be 13mm

so in answer to your question 19mm cladding is what i have and is solid as a rock at 2ft centers

i have 3x2"actual so around 60% stronger than cls but would be happy with cls as i tend to over engineer

looks a good shed as you expect them to give better value for money as they will buy the wood by the metric ton and get it for 1/3 what we pay :D

Sponsored Links
If the base hasn't been cast yet you should perhaps give consideration to some sort of anchor for a bike chain, or other security measure.

Thanks Big-All for your advice, and that's some workshop you got there.
I think I will settle on this type of shed maybe go a couple ft bigger if I can afford it. I just have to sort the base out now, materials are so expensive these days :eek:

@HH1 good tip will look into that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back