Buying the correct screw / plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I recently moved into an apartment in a block which was built in 2013/4, in marked contrast to my previous house which was cobbled together in the 1900's - my, how things have changed! I got very used to dealing with the brick-built construction and was happy that shelves I put up, would stay up...
I'm about to fix Ikea's Vidga curtain track to the ceiling of my new flat and I'm completely confused by the huuuuge range of screws and fixings offered by ScrewFix / ToolStation etc. As far as I can tell, there is a gap above the plasterboard ceiling, followed by the concrete of the structure, so I imagine that I need a suitable long-ish screw / plug combo, so that the fixing extends through to the concrete in order to be weight bearing... Exactly which screw fix product do I select, bearing in mind the relatively light weight of the curtain track and curtains?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
...just checked out a number of videos on YouTube, especially Charlie White's, where he's reviewed a number of dry-wall fixings. Looks like I'll be good to use one of the re-usable toggle fixings, like Snaptoggle or Toggler, or from ScrewFix, Timco Spring Toggles. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back