Buzzing Gas Valve on Glow Worm Fuel Saver MK II Model B

Graham1975";p="1860424 said:
If output doesn't change between buzzing and non buzzing, then fault lies between t/f and GV. It's always a mission to sort these odd faults, ans more so when you're not in front of the boiler. But with electrics, logic rules.

The output of the transformer does not change between buzzing and non buzzing. So I guess it must be something to do with the thermostat, gv or wiring between them.
Graham1975";p="1860424 said:
Ok, it was a thought. However, I think I am right in saying that the t/sta precedes the transformer.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for this boiler?

Or describe to me exactly how the voltages applied to the gas valve is derived.

Am I right to assume that it is not a modulating boler?

Tony

Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for this boiler?

Or describe to me exactly how the voltages applied to the gas valve is derived.

Am I right to assume that it is not a modulating boler?

Tony

The output of the transformer does not change between buzzing and non buzzing. So I guess it must be something to do with the thermostat, gv or wiring between them.

Ok, it was a thought. However, I think I am right in saying that the t/sta precedes the transformer.

I just released I'm probably not measuring the transformer output when it is connected to the GV correctly. My RGI should be back tomorrow so I will get him to do this and report back.

Graham.

Sponsored Links

I've had the voltages measured on the input and output of the transformer when the GV is buzzing. The voltages where correct.

We've decided to replace the boiler. We are now coming up to our 5th week without heat and starting to wonder what will fail next on a 27 year old boiler even if we got this problem fixed.

Thanks for all your advice,

Graham.

Is the transformer output directly connected to the gas valve apart from a thermostat or overheat stat in between?

If the boiler still works in spite of the buzzing isn't that better than no heating?

Tony

Is the transformer output directly connected to the gas valve apart from a thermostat or overheat stat in between?

If the boiler still works in spite of the buzzing isn't that better than no heating?

Tony

The Transformer goes into a thermostat which switches the output of the transformer on and off to the gas valve. Problem is boiler does not work when GV is buzzing. When the GV is buzzing it does not open and so the boiler does not heat. It's was a very cold Christmas.

Graham.

Pity you dont live near me as I would have devised a small circuit to cause the gas valve to pull in as a temporary measure to keep you warm over Christmas until a new boiler could be installed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back